As a former Disney Travel agent, one of the questions I get asked quite frequently is – can you walk around with alcohol at Disney World? Well, surprisingly, I had to do some digging around on the internet to find a straight forward answer to this question. So I figured I would write this article to let you know where you can walk around Disney World with alcohol and where you can’t. Although Disney Parks are constantly changing and upgrading things, currently the answer to this is:
With the exception of the Magic Kingdom you can walk around Disney World parks with alcoholic beverages in your hand.
Why Can’t You Walk Around Magic Kingdom With Alcohol?
This dates back to the very beginnings of the Magic Kingdom and Disney World itself. Walt Disney wanted to create a family-friendly experience back in 1971 when he built the park. Thus he built a place where families could enjoy everything together. So Disney World determined that in order to keep families together they would allow drinking at sit down establishments only.
Although the prices of alcohol at Disney World, in general, can be higher than what you would pay at your average run o’ the mill pub. The general public does not seem to be deterred from drinking around the world at Epcot. Nor does paying $6 or $7 for a beer at Hollywood Studios phase them. So, we really do think that this may change eventually. (But that’s just our opinion)
Where Can You Drink Alcohol At Magic Kingdom?
Now there are several sit down restaurants in the Magic Kingdom that give you the option to purchase alcohol. Including…
- Be Our Guest
- Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
- Liberty Tree Tavern
- Skipper Canteen
- Cinderella’s Royal Table
- The Plaza Restaurant
- The Crystal Palace
- Diamond Horseshoe
As you can see, none of this applies to counter service restaurants. Although this may change in the future there are appear to be no current plans for that to actually happen. So only time will tell.
Where Can I Buy Drinks To Walk Around With At Epcot?
Epcot just might be one of the best places to grab a drink of whatever your heart desires on Disney World property. You can get everything from a Leaping Leprechaun at Rose & Crown Pub to the delicious Rosa Regale dessert wine in the Italy Pavillion.
Of course, during the Food and Wine Festival and other assorted seasonal events, you can find specialty drinks at booths around World Showcase outside of the norm. But for our purposes today here’s a list of exactly where you can get an alcoholic drink at Epcot.
- Rose and Crown Pub – UK Pavilion
- La Cava del Tequila – Mexico Pavilion
- La Cantina de San Angel – Mexico Pavilion
- La Bottega Italiana – Italy Pavilion
- Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar – Italy Pavilion
- Via Napoli Donkey Cart – Italy Pavilion
- Les Vins des Chefs – France Pavilion
- Trading Post – Canada Pavilion
- Spice Road Table – Morocco Pavilion
- Le Cellier Restaurant – Canada Pavilion
- Sommerfest – Germany Pavilion
- Joy of Tea – China Pavilion
- Kabuki Cafe – Japan Pavilion
- Outdoor Sake Bar – Japan Pavilion
- Fife & Drum Tavern – American Adventure Pavilion
- Block & Hans – American Adventure Pavilion
- Weinkeller Bar – Germany Pavilion
- Refreshment Port – Next to Canada Pavilion in World Showcase
- Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe – Norway Pavilion
Again, there are always seasonal options as well that come and go with the festivals throughout the year.
Where Can I Buy Drinks To Walk Around With At Hollywood Studios?
Hollywood Studios has an interesting array of places to grab a drink while walking around the park. These places are pretty much mainstays within the park and all serve alcoholic beverages that you can walk around with all year long.
- Oga’s Cantina – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Baseline Tap House – End of Commissary Lane, between Muppetvision 3D and Star Tours
- Tune In Lounge – Next to 50’s Primetime Cafe’
- The Hollywood Brown Derby – Hollywood Boulevard
- Brown Derby Lounge – Just outside the Brown Derby Restaurant
- Milk Stand – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Oasis Canteen – Near Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
- Sunshine Day Bar – Walk up kiosk on Sunset Boulevard
- 50’s Prime Time Cafe – Echo Lake Area
- ABC Commissary
- Anaheim Produce – Sunset Boulevard
- Backlot Express – Echo Lake Area
- Catalina Eddie’s – Sunset Boulevard
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Dockside Diner – Echo Lake Area
- Epic Eats – Echo Lake Area
- Fairfax Fare – Sunset Boulevard
- Hollywood and Vine – Echo Lake Area
- Hollywood Scoops – Sunset Boulevard
- KRNR The Rock Station – Sunset Boulevard
- Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano – Grand Avenue
- Market – Pixar Place
- PizzeRizzo – Grand Avenue
- Ronto Roasters – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Rosie’s All American – Sunset Boulevard
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant – Commissary Lane
- The Trolley Car Cafe – Hollywood Boulevard
- Tune-In Lounge – Echo Lake
- Woody’s Lunch Box – Toy Story Land
I also should note here that even though there are some discrepancies online about whether or not Hollywood and Vine serves alcohol. Yes, they sure do! In fact here is a menu from Disney’s website that gives you all of their drink offerings.
Where Can I Buy Drinks To Walk Around With At Animal Kingdom?
When I think of Animal Kingdom I don’t necessarily think of drinking. But needless to say, it does get very hot walking around Animal Kingdom all day and if you have little ones with you then most likely the need for a libation will hit you eventually. So I’ve prepared this complete list of places that you can get alcoholic beverages at Animal Kingdom.
- Anandapur Ice Cream Truck – Asia
- Dawa Bar – Near Tusker House restaurant
- Dino Diner – DinoLand U.S.A.
- Dino-Bite Snacks – Next to Restaurantosaurus
- Drinkwallah – Asia
- Eight Spoon Cafe – Discovery Island
- Flame Tree Barbecue – Discovery Island near the bridge to Dinoland
- Harambe Market – Africa
- Isle of Java – Discovery Island
- Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery – Africa
- Mahindi – Africa
- Nomad Lounge – Discovery Island
- Pizzafari – Safari Village
- Pizzafari Family-Style Dining – Discovery Island
- Pongu Pongu – Pandora – The World of AVATAR
- Rainforest Cafe – Main Entrance of the Theme Park
- Restaurantosaurus – DinoLand U.S.A.
- Satu’li Canteen – Pandora: The World of Avatar
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments – Africa
- Terra Treats – Discovery Island
- The Smiling Crocodile – Discovery Island
- Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks – Asia
- Tiffins – Discovery Island
- Trilo-Bites – Dinoland
- Tusker House Restaurant – Africa, Harambe
- Warung Outpost – Asia
- Yak and Yeti – Asia
Can You Walk Around Disney Springs With Alcohol?
Yes, provided whatever alcoholic beverage you are enjoying is in either in a plastic cup, a can, or an aluminum bottle.
You are not allowed to leave Disney Springs with alcoholic beverages, even to get on the boats to Port Orleans. You have to go through security, so I wouldn’t try it either.
Now, I’m not saying that all of these places have a wide array of options. But all of them have at least one alcoholic beverage on the menu. This is just for reference, so if you are walking around the parks you’ll know where to find a beverage nearest to where you are. I hope you enjoyed this article and that you find more useful as a pocket guide that you can bookmark so you will know where you can find a drink as you are walking around the parks if the mood strikes you.